Energy savings grants for hotels
Small to medium hotels can apply for grants of up to $25,000 for energy savings projects through this $10.2 million Australian Government initiative. Grants will support these hotels to reduce their energy costs, reinvest in their business and create local jobs.
Who can apply for this grant?
Small and medium hotels, motels and serviced apartment complexes with 1-99 guestrooms.
What are the grants for?
To help small and medium hotels save energy and reduce power bills through:
- upgrading equipment and appliances like air-conditioning, lighting and refrigeration
- building fabric upgrades such as installing double glazing and insulation
- undertaking energy management activities and assessments, such as energy audits and engineering feasibility studies for energy efficiency upgrades
- investing in energy monitoring and management systems.
How much are the grants?
Grants will be awarded to eligible applicants on a first come, first served basis.
- The minimum grant amount is $10,000
- The maximum grant amount is $25,000
There is no requirement for a co-contribution.
The program is expected to provide between 400 and 600 grants.
Funding will be distributed among jurisdictions in proportion to the number of small and medium hotels in each, as follows:
- NSW – $3.37 million
- Queensland – $3.14 million
- Victoria – $1.84 million
- Western Australia – $680,000
- South Australia – $590,000
- Tasmania – $370,000
- Northern Territory – $130,000
- ACT – $80,000
When do applications open?
Applications open on 24 February 2021 and will close on 1 April 2021 (or until funding is exhausted in each jurisdiction).
Where can I get more information?
Further details including grant guidelines and application forms are available on business.gov.au or by phoning 13 28 46.